Then you choose.
Listed are some of the wonderful organizations that have presented at the Retiree Connection and some of their volunteer needs.
- R.S.V.P. for Children's Literacy is a part of Senior Corps. It is administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service. R.S.V.P. offers pre-service orientation, training from within the project you choose to serve, gasoline reimbursement and supplemental insurance. If you have patience, flexibility, a love of reading and enjoy interacting with children, R.S.V.P. would welcome you as a literacy coach. Other volunteer needs are: mobilizing other volunteers, legal and financial expertise, assist victims of natural disasters, environmental programs, and fundraising. Contact Jean Jongsma @ 928-713-4114. Email: email@example.com
- Prescott Creeks - Watson Woods Project Prescott Creeks Preservation Association is well on its way to restoring the city-owned Watson Woods Riparian Preserve and the Granite Creek watershed by reviving its wetlands as well as a portion of the forest. If you love the outdoors, birding, planting and the environment this tremendous project could use your help in several different capacities. Administrative too! Contact Renee Hoover @ 928-445-5669.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coalition For Compassion and Justice (CCJ) is a coalition of civic organizations, non-profit social service agencies, congregations and individuals dedicated to set a decent standard of living providing food, clothing, housing and medical care for people living in poverty. These needs are addressed through their three outreach programs; Open Door, Home Repair and Circles of Support. CCJ is also looking for Board members. For volunteer opportunities: Contact Gerry Garvey, Executive Director 928-445-8382. Email: CCJDirector@gmail.com. Website: www.YavapaiCCJ.org
- Yavapai County Dept. of Public Works needs volunteers for their Regional Water Smarts program. Volunteers are needed to present literature, distribute water saving devices to businesses and to educate the public about designing desert permaculture that is intended to be sustainable and self-sufficient. For further information contact Shaun Rydell @ 928-777-1130.
- Catholic Charities of Yavapai County has three volunteer opportunities available. The Medical Loan Closet Volunteer, The Resource Referral Specialist Volunteer and a part-time Administrative Volunteer. All positions require good interpersonal and organizational skills. For further information contact Haley Hyatt @ 928-778-2531 or email: email@example.com